Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I dream. Therefore, I live."

In these days of high disposable incomes and limited responsibilities, the so called midlife crisis starts much earlier.

"What next?"

People start looking for goals in life. Most get lost in the routine of life like getting married, kids etc. all of which tends to give some sense of purpose in life.

"I need to work because I need to give them a better life."

Until when the kids grow up and the need for a real goal becomes even more important.

I remembered reading an interview with L&T co-founder Henning Holck-Larsen . He was more than 90 years old and even at that age, he was talking about dreams for his company. The interviewer was surprised and pointed out to him that he was dreaming at even at that age. Larsen then said something to the effect of "without dreams, you are already dead".

No comments:

Post a Comment