Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

The change we need

Looking at the shoddy candidates for the upcoming elections, I thought maybe this is what we deserve. Almost every candidate, including idiots like Sanjay Dutt, Varun Gandhi etc make it only because of their connections with the right people. 

And why not? The public apathy towards the government means that they don't deserve anything better.

Its a vicious cycle. Public indifference leads to bad legislators and bad governence leads to even greater indifference.

Therefore, I was delighted when I heard Shashi Tharoor was contesting in the elections. He may not be a 'grassroots' leader but he is surely going to lift the stature of Indian politicians and this can help break the cycle. 

It was also refreshing to read this article about Narendra Modi who inspite of his communal bias is probably the best bet for India.

1 comment:

Rajashree Prabhu said...

Leave alone Varun & Rahul... I am amazed why little Rubiana ali & Azharuddin( slumdog Milli artists) who know nothing are dragged in the campaigns

Post a Comment